Thursday, September 4, 2014

coming back.

Yeah....I've slacked off.

Well, that's not entirely true.  I feel like I've been a busy chick.  Pretty sure I'm right.  A lot has happened in the last month.  I think the biggest thing that I can attribute my lack of writing motivation to, is the loss of my Mamaw on August 8th.  I was her girl.  It's the truth. I'm getting back into my writing again, but thought a post in her honor was necessary. 

I posted this on Facebook, but I thought it should be shared with you all as well.


It is unfortunate that not everyone had the opportunity to know my Mamaw.  So much of who I am comes from who she was. 
Because of Mamaw....

...I will always answer to "Amber Lou Lost Her Shoe."
...I will often rubberband a paper towel around my tea glass to catch the condensation.
...I am a musician.  She was the biggest fan of me and my Mickey Mouse "good-tar."
...I know that the fastest way to get someone out of bed in the morning is via water gun.
...Any Merle Haggard song will take my back to my childhood in Ambrose.
...I will always be a fan of the story of Brer Rabbit & the Tar Baby.
...I love to laugh.  She was the happiest person I've ever known & she expressed it with the greatest, most contagious laugh.
...I will never hear "You Are My Sunshine" without hearing it being sung be her voice.
...I always have gum.  Always.
...I am a people person.  She never met a stranger.  Neither do I.
...I know that when making Kool-Aid, two different flavor packets = Best. Thing. Ever.

Mamaw, I will love you forever...a bushel & a peck and a hug around the neck.




2 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss - your Mamaw sounds like a truly wonderful, kind, and funny person. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mamaw. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete