Monday, June 9, 2014

icymi.

....I took a 2 month hiatus.

While that may be considered slacker-esque, it was completely necessary.  It wasn't burn out.  It wasn't writer's block.  It was me trying to balance my new job workload, plus M's softball schedule, PLUS my work on the Relay For Life Committee. 

Whew.

Now that all of that is off the plate, I'm back!
What have you missed!?

My mom and some awesome friends went with me to celebrate my birthday at my 3rd Color Run!
Being a rebel & wearing my Yoda shirt instead of the "uniform". :)

....Because neck tattoos make me feel hardcore.
Game faces...activated.

By the way...my mom is more awesome than yours.

No idea who this is, but I thought she was super rad for rockin' the Color Run.
My obligatory "aftermath" shot.

 One month later, I participated in my 8th Relay For Life event.  I'm so proud to be involved and on the committee.  We had an awesome time!  7pm to 7am....and it felt like it.  
I'm getting old.  

I was the proud Team Captain of The Crushers!

Downtown Sulphur Springs during Relay.

I was the host of the "Man Pageant".
4AM at The Crushers camp....and going strong.
4AM called for the Mohawk.
Last lap at 7AM!

My team, The Crushers, were named the Most Spirited team. :)

 That following Sunday, I made my very tired body crawl out of bed and attend my very first Comic Con in Dallas!!  It was worth it!

This is the face of a very tired Amber. (But my shirt is awesome...)
Thanks to my friends, Chris & Brad (cameraman), for going with me!








I was a kid in a candy shop.  Seriously.  I'm sure Chris & Brad were ready to drag me out of there far before we ever left.

So, my hiatus definitely hasn't been all work and no play.  But, I have to admit, I am so ready to get back in the groove of blogging again.  I've missed you guys. 

Did anyone else make it to Dallas Comic Con?  Let me know!


4 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks like's you've been busy! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been crazy!! Glad to be back!

      Delete
  2. I didn't make it to Dallas Comic Con, but I planned to. Glad you shared your fun! I've missed your posts! I'm back too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks! I've missed everybody! Glad to be back!!

      Delete