Wednesday, November 27, 2013

thankful.

I know that many people have taken to Facebook to participate in the 30 Days of Thankfulness, but I didn't.  I never have.  I am, however, incredibly thankful...everyday.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would discuss the things for which I am truly thankful.

1.  The Amazing Mister.

I've never loved anyone more...

Soon I will share the story of the mister with you.  Soon.  Until then, just know that this man is seriously amazing.  I'm thankful for every day that I get to spend by his side.  He is my most favorite thing ever in the history of favorite things.  I could go on and on about how much I love him...but I'll spare you.

2.   Miss Mattison.
 
Unintentional matchy-matchy.

Thanks to the mister, I am also the "bonus mom" to Miss Mattison Dawn.  This kiddo is awesome.  I'm such a proud mommy & super fan.  You've just got to love a kid that will back you up with the "Oh, oh, ohs" while you're in the car singing Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" at the top of your lungs.  Yes, she's that awesome.

3.  The Parents.

1.  Step-dad, RD    2. Mom    3.  Dad & Laura

I have the blessing of four parents in my life.  All different in their own way, but all amazingly supportive & loving.  I have turned out to be (IMHO) a well-adjusted adult, thanks to them.  I don't know what I would have become had it not been for each of them being a part of my life & loving me.

4.  The Siblings.
My siblings: (clockwise) Chad & Shannon, Cody & Leann, Matt, James & Laci, Shawn & Amanda)
My in-laws:  Ronny & Debbie and Ben & Gina.
Having a slew of brothers and sisters is pretty great.  Especially if you have mine!  You might not, but I count my in-laws as true siblings.  Maybe yours are lame, but mine are awesome.  With that being said, I have 7 brothers (Cody, Chad & Matt and in-laws Shawn, James, Ronny & Ben)  and 6 sisters (Laci & Amanda and in-laws Leann, Shannon, Gina and Debbie)...and I'm thankful for each one of them.    

5.  Being the Awesome Aunt.

The whole crew (l to r): Lucus, Caden, Taytem, Bralyn, Jake, Jazmine, Jonah, Colton, Aaron, Kathryn, Lexy, Gianna, Keith, Hadlee, Kristen, Amanda, Paul, Blake and Tuff.


I absolutely LOVE being an aunt.  I first became an aunt to Aaron at 13.  Now, 20 years later, I am the aunt to 18 (11 nephews & 7 neices).  Aaron, Kathryn, Keith, Kristen, Lexy, Tuff, Jake, Caden, Luke, Colton, Bralyn, Jonah, Tatym, Jazmine, Gianna, Amanda, Paul, & Blake...with one on the way!  AND, I'm a great aunt to little Miss Hadlee!

6.  The Rest of the Gene Pool.

Just a few of my faves:  Granny & Papaw, cousin Angie, Uncle Mike & Carlie, Cousins - Andrew, Nathan, Carleigh & Micah, and Mamaw.

I absolutely love my family.  Every single, crazy one of them.  I'm so thankful that we're such a loving group.  I'm fortunate that I actually look forward to my time with them.  

7.  Super Awesome Friends. 
I've said it before, I'll say it again.  I honestly have some of best friends in the universe.  Of course, I've already filled you all in about that when I wrote about Friendships for Thirty-somethings.  I just couldn't leave them out.  They make my life so much better.
 
8.  Coffee. 



This may seem silly to you, but you just don't understand.  Coffee makes me a better person.  YOU should be thankful for coffee.  It makes me human in the mornings.  Most people are alive today because I had my coffee.

9.  My handy, dandy iPhone.

Again.  Completely valid.  I've been an iPhone user since the 3G first came out.  I'm invested, people.  If you know me, you know that my iPhone is attached to me. Love me, love my iPhone.

10. Music.

Studio work in Tulsa for Rita Fulmer's album.


My outlet.  I'm thankful that my Mom has encouraged my love for music.  She may have resisted the drums for several years, but thankfully she finally gave in when I was 15.  I love music.







What are you thankful for this year?  Let me know in the comments & most of all, have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!





No comments:

Post a Comment